Monday, October 03, 2005

do you believe that of all the kingdoms He created yours would last forever?

Do you believe that of all the kingdoms He created yours would last forever?

And who is He?

Never mind that for a moment.

What I wish to describe is an epidemic that is coming. Like the flu it started off with a few cases. With me I heard a voice that clearly said ‘Behold the divine slapper.’ I was sleeping on the fourteenth floor of a low income tower block with the window open despite the frequency of condoms blowing in. The sound did not come from the window; it came from the TV which was off. I turned it on and a border at the bottom of a cartoon elf read ‘Princess Dianna has been reported to be in an automobile crash.’

'No she hasn’t,' I said. 'She is dead.' All the previous week she had been in the news and in my office we had been slagging her off. For months in that same office you couldn’t say a thing against her or the government would fire you. And they did. The People’s Princess.

The next time I was in a basement near a river. I was pumped through with drugs to confuse my immune system into thinking I would live. A voice said “Everything holy is trashed.” It came from the TV. I turned it on and a banner read that a light plane had crashed in New York. The banner was under a cookery show with prawns with large capillaries. I said, ‘No it isn’t. It is jumbos’ just before that shot came on with the second plane going through like knife and butter. I had by then left the first office. It was months before I was well enough to go to the second where it became impossible to get money for schools for Afghanistan and Iraq and not just because Halliburton had it all. And a world of interlocked myth darkened us all.

I realised later that I had caught prophecy. It is going around. Have you had it? Now worse strains are developing. Like the flu it begans with a few cases. Then it spread. Like flu it goes from animals to people, those ducks and ferrets that fuss about earthquakes and tsunanis. It spreads from people to spiritual beings and back again. A friend suddenly heard in his sleep during an eclipse that ‘America is building up Hubris faster than shit in the cat lady’s house.’ Then came the hurricanes. He said to me that’s them! That’s them! When they were only red things of the coast of Africa.

I knew about the superdome in advance, I knew about the corruption, I knew about what will happen in Iraq yesterday.

This isn’t your fairground fortune-telling about your love life and your budget travel bullshit. It has mutated. And I can’t turn it on and off like a keg tap for my friends. So don’t ask. It is industrial strength prophecy, multi mutated prophecy, multi-causal prophecy for which there is no vaccine. It is a voice that comes from distant language and images and memory. Oh yes it does. That is, mother, it comes from way outside and from the broadcasting center of the spirit.

And it is about things that are so fucking obvious. Of course those things are now concealed by the history mystery but they are happening, going to happen. Yes there she goes! Wasn’t that fucking obvious. I knew it!

Like the onset of flu. Like malaria.

This prophecy doesn’t come from my own private soul, oh no not from that little IPOD which is all too busy misdirecting my body into its perennial fatal stupidities, which unsuccessfully fight off, as usual, all the clichés and useless life skills injected into its soul’s DNA to try to live forever.

No, it is from the colourless spirit. From way outside. It is from my soul’s infinate boss saying ‘This is the time of the great Satan, you little wanker, watch out what you are doing.’

Then it says ‘Take a look at this. And I see an avalaunche on a thousand little feet skating silently down the mountain, tress snapping before it, snow billowing. It is half the mountain and it is leaving behind a grey and silver flecked emptiness on the remains. The avalanche goes down into the lake, without a wave it disappears but a wave does come up the other side of the valley freezing into cream all the tress there and connecting them with filaments of gold in a setting sun. And a voice says: "of all the kingdoms of the world…"’

I turn on the TV. Someone is saying that we are fighting against those who hate freedom and our way of life.

No comments: